Pelvic Health Physical Therapy
Pelvic pain affects up to 20% of the U.S. population, regardless of gender identity.
What is Pelvic Health Physical Therapy?
- Pelvic Health Physical Therapists:
- Are specially trained to identify muscle and nervous system factors that lead to pain and limit daily function, and then design a treatment plan that best fits your unique needs.
- Provide research based treatment, which may include manual therapy, exercise, biofeedback, and neuromuscular reeducation
- Help to restore normal joint mobility, improve muscle balance and control, and teach improved movement patterns
- Empower patients by educating them about their symptoms during each treatment session.
Why Seek Pelvic Health Physical Therapy?
- Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Helps to:
- Decrease pain with daily activities, bladder or bowel emptying, and sexual intercourse
- Assist with pregnancy and postpartum related issues
- Improve function with bladder and bowel control, voiding, and daily activities
- Improve q uality of life following childbirth, prostatectomy, bladder or bowel surgery, gender-affirming treatment or surgery, cesarean section, and hysterectomy
Common Conditions Treated
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Urgency & Frequency
- Pelvic & Abdominal Pain
- Chronic Constipation
- Prenatal & Postpartum Care
- Post-Prostatectomy Care
Get started today
Are you interested in learning more about pelvic health physical therapy? If so, contact GoodLife Physical Therapy today to schedule a consultation with one of our Homer Glen and Orland Park physical therapists. They’ll help you find long-lasting relief in no time!